IT organisations are faced with a rapidly evolving environment and severe budget limitations, where standardisation of optimal systems and procedures can be a critical success factor. The Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) is a set of best practices that has been developed to deliver high quality IT services. These procedures are supplier independent and provide guidance across the breadth of IT infrastructure, development, and operations. ITIL’s body of knowledge represents the consensus derived from over a decade of work and experience by thousands of IT professionals across the globe, considered by many to be the de facto world standard for IT best practices.
This three-day intensive course is designed to provide a straightforward introduction to ITIL and to provide certification preparation by professionals who have actual experience in implementing ITIL best practices.
- Clearly explain ITIL process components, including goals, key terms, responsibilities, relationships, benefits, and how to succeed using ITIL
- Prepare to pass the ITIL Foundation exam
- Understand ITIL concepts and practices in your daily work
- Service Management as a Practice
- Service Strategy: overall business aims and expectations
- Service Design: developing a solution to meet the needs of the business
- Service Transition: implementing service designs so that service operations can manage the services
- Service Operation: day to day, business as usual activities
- Continual Service Improvement: how to improve the cost effectiveness and efficiency of service provision