Get a solid understanding of project management methods with this comprehensive introductory course. Gain practical experience in proven project management techniques and discover a wealth of valuable, flexible tools that can be used immediately to ensure the success of any project in any type of organisation.
Managing Projects provides delegates with the foundation, techniques and tools to manage each stage of the project lifecycle, work within organisational and cost constraints, set goals tied directly to stakeholder needs, get the most from a project management team and utilise state-of-the-art project management tools to get the work done on time and within budget.
- Master fundamental project management skills, concepts and techniques
- Link project goals and objectives to clear, compelling stakeholder needs
- Develop work breakdown structures
- Set realistic, measurable objectives and ensure positive results
- Estimate project costs and schedules using simple, proven techniques
- Establish a dependable project control and monitoring system
Introduction to Project Management
What are "projects"?
Why project management?
The project life cycle
Influences on a project
Project management process groups
Project manager responsibilities
Developing the project team
Organisations and team structures
Assessing and monitoring project performance
Understanding the role of senior management
Present value and net present value
Building SMART objectives
Project Requirements Document
The work breakdown structure
Network Diagrams – CPM
Speeding up the Schedule
Project Management Planning Software
Resource Loading and Leveling
Communication and quality planning
Scope verification and customer acceptance
Administrative and contractual closure
Transferring lessons learned to future project