For more information about this course, speak now to a training coordinator on +44 (0)20 3743 2910 or by using the chat box ⇲. You can also send us an email or complete the contact form, and we will get back to you shortly. Help us understand your background, experience, challenges and goals and we will help you to select the most suitable learning path.
Projects are the mechanism by which work gets done. Implementing new services, launching a marketing campaign, releasing new products, or rolling out a new training program can be thought of as project work.
If you’re responsible for managing an initiative that has a start and end date, requires liaising with other departments, coordinating the team’s efforts, and delivering results, guess what–you’re running a project and you’re a project manager.
Master the skill to become a good project manager with this highly-facilitated one-day workshop. In this workshop we will teach you a simple 4-step model that will help you maximize project success.
This course is designed for individuals with little or no prior knowledge of project management, who are not project managers by job role but that undertake project work that are interested in learning the basics in project management and delivering better project outcomes. This course will benefit anyone in who anyone who manages projects such as human resources, contracting, L&D, public relations, marketing and more.
If you plan on attending this course, make sure to bring ideas and current work to the class. A few of these ideas will be chosen that we will apply the 4-step model to – showing how the process is applied to real-life work and situations.
LearnDuring this energetic one-day workshop class, participants will:
- Build a project plan and the foundation for success– plan, manage and track it all!
- Learn and reinforce best practices from project management that help organize work
- Learn how to identify and manage project risks
- Learn how to anticipate changes and quickly adapt
- Apply these best practices to real-life work while completing a series of activities
- Collaborate on work, share experiences and learn from each other
Build on Your Success
- Revisit our Solution
- Next Steps and Action Planning
Put the Model into Practice
- Initiation at a Glance (Steps 1-3)
- Project Initiation Challenges Gate Review #1
- Planning at a Glance (Steps 4-10)
- Project Planning Challenges Gate Review #2
- Implementation at a Glance (Steps 11-14)
- Project Implementation Challenges Gate Review #3
- Closeout at a Glance (Steps 15-17)
- Project Closeout Importance
Leverage Collective Experiences
- Team Presentations and Key Learning Review
Your Project Reality
- Today’s realities and challenges
- VUCA World and VUCA Prime
- Project, Project Management and Project Management Methodologies
- Our Solution: The 17-step model of managing project-based work
- Why projects fail or succeed